Back in April 2016 BlackBerry Beta Zone received somewhat of a refresh and started rolling out BlackBerry Beta OS updates. This gave BlackBerry Priv users the ability to beta test early versions of BlackBerry Android OS. However, today BlackBerry Beta Zone announced that they will no longer be rolling out Beta OS Updates to Beta Zone members. Instead, they will be offering beta releases for their apps, such as BlackBerry Hub+ Suite.
Since we re-energized the BlackBerry Beta Zone in April 2016 with device OS beta programs, it has been an amazing ride! We’ve received great feedback, confirmation on existing issues, and squashed many, many bugs. It was an awesome opportunity to engage with everyone who love their BlackBerry smartphones and want to see a top-quality product. Just to show you what I mean, let me show you the numbers:
- Nearly 3,000 registered participants;
- Over 9,200 bug reports generated by the community;
- Over 1,600 forum threads created;
- 300+ new defect reports created by the community; and
- Discovery of thousands of defects linked to existing known issues.
Some of you may have heard that BlackBerry is focusing on our great software and security as we start to license our brand and security know-how to our partners who will build, market and support all-new BlackBerry smartphones. Going forward, we will likewise change the way we run our Beta programs. We will continue to support BlackBerry Beta Zone, but focused on our BlackBerry Hub+ Suite of applications.
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has registered for the Beta program over the years and contributed to our products. I look forward to our ongoing engagement with Hub+ for not only our BlackBerry smartphone users, but those you of who have other brands of Android smartphones and just can’t get enough of BlackBerry software.
To be fair we haven’t really seen too many updates for for Device OS’s so it’s not much of a shock to see this happen. When we did get updates, they were just updates to BlackBerry Apps.
Latest posts by Brad (see all)
- BlackBerry KEYone Canadian Carrier Partners and Pricing Announced! - April 27, 2017
- BlackBerry KEYone now available in the UK in retail first at Selfridges - April 27, 2017
- The BlackBerry KEYone Will Go on Sale in the US Starting May 31st! - April 27, 2017